Spend a relaxing weekend with friends or family on Tiwai Island Wildlife Sanctuary, listening to birds sing and touring the island to spot some of the 11 resident primates species. Or just relax in a hammock by the Moa River, eating fresh fish and having a break from the busy city life.
After last season’s great weekends, Environmental Foundation for Africa (EFA) is continuing its bi-weekly weekend trips to Tiwai Island Sanctuary from 13th October 2017 to 18th February 2018. The 2-nights weekend package will include transportation from Freetown to Tiwai island, entry and accommodation with breakfast. Tiwai island has something for everyone and welcome families and children. Each trip can take up to 6 people.
Departure: Fridays at 2pm from Total Wilberforce, Freetown
Arrival: Sundays at 5pm, Total Wilberforce, Freetown
2-nights Package Cost
$118 per person
$472 for a group of 4
$60 children half price
*Activities, drinks, lunch and dinner are excluded from this package and should be paid for on the Island. Guests with special dietary requirements can bring their own food as cooking facilities are available.
- Friday 13th to Sunday 15th October 2017 – (6 spaces)
- Friday 27th to Sunday 29th October 2017 – (6 spaces)
- Friday 10th to Sunday 12th November 2017 – (6 spaces)
- Friday 24th to Sunday 26th November 2017 – (6 spaces)
- Friday 8th to Sunday 10th December 2017 – (6 spaces)
- Friday 22nd to Sunday 24th December 2017 – (6 spaces)
For the full list of dates until February 2018, visit,
- Friday 5th to Sunday 7th January 2018 – (6 spaces)
- Friday 19th to Sunday 21st January 2018 – (6 spaces)
- Friday 2nd to Sunday 4th February 2018 – (6 spaces)
- Friday 16th to Sunday 18th February 2018 – (6 spaces)
** price is subject to fuel price and other optional costs.
How to Book
To book a place on our “Tiwai Island Weekend Package” please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +23276755146. If a trip does not have a minimum of 4 people booked it will be cancelled and guests will be notified by Wednesday before the trip happens.
For more information about the island visit – http://www.tiwaiisland.org/site/visit/tours-and-activities